Greetings fellow code monkeys!
This website is my creative vent to the internets, hopefully the posts and discussions that I cover on this website give you the reader both an interesting perspective into the life of a software engineer as well as a laugh or two.
And now a little about myself:-
My name is Lewis Bowman and I am a Computing Science Graduate from Staffordshire University.
I'm currently a software engineer for BAE Systems Plc. the UK's most affluent defence industry contractor. I develop applications for the (as of yet to be fully formed) Maritime division.
BAE have been my employer since my academic placement at universityand they were kind enough to sponsor me through my latter years at uni for which I am extremely thankful.
I have also taken it upon myself to taint the minds of future generations of software developers by lecturing at Staffordshire University Part-Time (Jan'11 - June'11) in the faculty of Computing, Engineering and Technology.
CODE MONKEY DESCRIPTOR
I have taken to specialising in the C# programming language, utilising it for real-time systems, AI and ofcourse the odd video game.
I graduated from university in the summer or 2010 having completed my 4 year sandwich degree with a First class honours, the course (BEng Hons Computing Science) consisted of 3 years of taught courses and a 1 year industrial placement after the second year.
The modules I studied on my course are (in no particular order):
- Hardware, Software Systems & Networks
- Introduction to Computer Games and Graphical Systems
- Introduction to Software Development
- Mathematics for Computer Science
- Introduction to C
- 3D Applications Programming
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Object Orientated & Event Driven Programming
- Database and Web Database Systems
- Further 3D Applications Programming
- Further Object Orientation Principle
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Programming Physics Engines for Games
- 2D Computer Graphics
- Further C++ Programming
- Further Mathematics & Algorithmics for Computer Science
- Windows Games Programming
- Industrial Placement in Industry (12 Months)
- 3D Computer Graphics
- Advanced 3D Applications Programming
- Advanced Windows Games Programming
- Character AI
- Information Systems Engineering in Industry
- Final Year Project [Research/Design/Implementation & Test] entitled "A non-combative strategy game with AI opponent